Summer is here and it’s been really hot and humid back in Singapore! However, this easy recipe is here to beat the heat! There are so many plus points in making these popsicles and you can tweak the flavours by replacing the berries with other fruits or juices.
Firstly, there are only 4 ingredients in this recipe and no cooking is needed. You can make this in 15 minutes and all you have to do is wait for them to set in your freezer. Easy, fast and hassle-free!
Now comes all the benefits from the ingredients. Blackberries are usually in season during the months of May to July, which means a good harvest of sweet and juicy berries pack with loads of vitamins and minerals. Also, it provides you with natural purple food colouring and makes it aesthetically appealing!
Because this recipe uses coconut milk instead of dairy products such as cream or milk, It is suitable for vegans/vegetarians. Coconut milk provides an extra creamy texture to the popsicles, at the same time it compliments the flavour profile of blackberries. Well and also, no harm adding a part of tropical into your desserts, right? (;
Coconut & Blackberry Popsicle (Makes 4 portion)
10 tsp sugar syrup (ratio of sugar and water is 1:1)
230g coconut milk
150g melted dark chocolate
- Blend blackberries in a juicer and pass it through a sieve to remove seeds and pulps. Mix juice with sugar syrup.
- Shake well the can of coconut milk before opening. Measure out the amount needed and stir into blackberry mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly into your popiscle moulds. Let it freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once the popiscles are set, unmould them by soaking the moulds in tepid water for about 10 minutes, or leaving it under running tap water.
- To give it extra crunch and flavour, simplly drizzle generous amount of melted chocolate on top of the popisicle and let it set.